EU Settlement Scheme

EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. If your application is successful, you’ll get either settled or pre-settled status.

The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

There is no charge with the right and status of EU citizens that are living in the UK at present up until the 30th June 2021. You are eligible to apply for an EU Settlement Scheme.

With family permits, there are two types. They are:

  • EEA family permit
  • EU Settlement Scheme family permit


EU Settlement Scheme family permit

When applying for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit, you must establish that there is a relation with a family member which must be a:

  • EEA or a Swiss citizen in which have ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status within the EU Settlement Scheme
  • Irish citizen (to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme is not required, but the criteria must be met). Please see for further information
  • From Northern Ireland (criteria of the EU Settlement Scheme must be met, despite them not being eligible to apply)
  • British Citizen with an EEA / Swiss citizenship and has lived in the UK as a EEA / Swiss citizen prior to obtaining a British Citizenship.

It is important you display you are a ‘close’ and an immediate family member which could be as a spouse, civil partner or a dependent child/ parent.

Get in touch with our specialist solicitors by booking a free initial consultation or you could contact us on 01204 387310 to gain more information on the services we can provide for you.

You don’t have to go through this alone... Take the first step now

Free Advice

01204 387310

No win, no fee